Monday, October 4, 2010

¡Flamenco!

Last Wednesday I went to a flamenco bar, El Toro y La Luna, with a bunch of other kids from my school. It was the most amazing live dance performance I have ever seen!  The fact that I felt completely emersed in Spain's culture inside this tiny bar is probably what made it such a special experience for me.  There was a group of men all with guitars serenading us before the performance began.  It was easy to tell by their smiles, laughter, and overall easy-going sort of attitude how much they love flamenco.  And the dancers..holy comoly!  These women were amazing!  Their dancing seemed so natural, as if no thought was required for their complex steps and combinations.   I'm going to post of couple of the videos I took that night on Facebook.  But if you ever get the chance to see real Spanish flamenco in person, I highly highly recommend it.  Here are some photos from the night:


The flamenco guitarists



Emily and I at El Toro y La Luna
 

No comments:

Post a Comment