Thursday, December 16, 2010

Last day in the VLC

It's hard to believe that today is my last full day in Valencia.  Semesters usually go by pretty fast, but I've never had one fly by as fast as this one has.  Today is dedicated to getting some last minute shopping done, trying to squeeze everything into my suitcase, and visiting my favorite places in Valencia that I know I'm going to miss.

It's only 10:30am and I've already checked one place off my list.... I woke up at 5:30am this morning to catch the (severely unreliable) bus to the beach and watched the sunrise over the Mediterranean.  The original plan was to do a polar bear swim, but seeing as it was in the low 30's we quickly nixed that idea.  We did strip down to our swim suits though to snap a few spontaneously fun photos.

This afternoon I'm off to climb the 207 winding steps in the Miguelete, the bell tower of Valencia's cathedral.  It's a beautiful sunny day and I know the view from the top is going to be stunning.

I'll be ending my day in the Plaza de la Virgen, which is hands down my favorite spot in Valencia.  After la cena (dinner) I'm meeting up with my girlfriends to enjoy some sangria and just people watch in the plaza.  Virgen is known to have numerous wedding parties every night.  Almost every time I've been there I've seen at least one bride and groom getting their photos taken by the fountain.

Tomorrow morning my bus for the Valencia airport leaves at 5:30am and by midnight I'll (hopefully, given there are no delays) have touched down in Detroit :]  Even though I'm going to miss my madre and all of the friends I've made this semester a lot, I'm ready to go home and be with my family and friends for the holidays.  Miss you all and can't wait to see you soon!!!

XOXO

P.S.  I have about 7 half-finished blog entries that I haven't published yet about all of my travels during the second half of my semester.  I will eventually get these done haha.  So even though I won't be in Spain anymore, you can still expect new entries for the next few weeks :p

No comments:

Post a Comment