I finally have my class schedule all figured out and exactly the way I want it :] Here's what my life will look like Monday-Thursday for the rest semester:
Monday & Wednesday:
9:00-10:30am Grammar Review
12:20-1:50pm Introduction to Spanish Art
Tuesday & Thursday:
10:40am-12:10pm Cultural Conversations
3:40-5:10pm Spanish Culture and Civilization
There are two Friday's per month that we will have classes on, and it rotates between Mon/Wed and Tue/Thur classes. They make sure to give us some Fridays off so that we can travel on our own. Grammar Review probably seems boring, but I think it's going to be very helpful in the long run because I will be using the things I learn in class every day out and about Valencia. Then maybe all of the confusing Spanish grammar rules will finally stick in my head haha. Intro to Spanish Art is my favorite class thus far. We began with prehistoric art and will be going all the way up to today's modern artists like Dalí and Picasso. The professor is really funny and makes an already interesting subject even more interesting. The other day he took two chalk board erasers and used them to act out a scene from Greek mythology, haha. I also really like my professor for Cultural Conversations. He's good at making sure we understand everything he's telling us. The class essentially teaches us how to converse like a native Spaniard, introducing us to the correct phrases to use in certain situations and drawing us away from using literal English to Spanish translations. Spanish Culture and Civilization is similar to Cultural Convos except it encompasses all aspects of life in Spain, not just conversation. The past two class periods have been a giant Q&A session, with us asking the professor anything and everything we're curious about when it comes to life in Spain. The professor is the same one as art, and so I know this class is bound to be fun :]
I thought the Spanish only rule in the school was going to be a challenge to follow, but I haven't slipped-up yet! I've gotten frustrated a few times when I can't quite get across what I'm trying to say. It's hard when your known vocabulary is about the size of a pea.
I have a bunch of new photos that I will be sure to post tomorrow. It's getting late here and I need some extra zzz's so that I can actually understand my professors tomorrow morning. You wouldn't believe how much more you need to concentrate when your professors don't lecture in your native language!
Hasta luego!
No comments:
Post a Comment