Thursday, September 16, 2010

Un Día Típico en Valencia

Now that I've started classes, my weekdays have begun to follow a schedule that is more or less the same everyday.  It's nice to be getting into the swing of things, but having a regular schedule doesn't mean my days are boring.  Definitely the opposite!  Here's a synopsis in pictures of what a typical day for me in Valencia is like :]

Every morning I roll out of bed to find breakfast waiting for me in the kitchen.  
My madre definitely spoils me :p

After breakfast I walk to school.  This is the street where my school is located.  Spanairds are really good at parking....  They love to double park so that no one can move their cars, let alone drive down the street.

This is my school!

In between classes I walk down the street to one of the several hundred gardens of Valencia and do homework, grab a snack, or just relax.  If there's time, I'll go home in between classes for la comida (lunch) and to work out.  La comida is typically around 2:30pm.  

When I come home, Galgo, the family's greyhound, is always fast asleep on the couch in the living room.  Galgo is sooo adorable.  Just like every Spanaird, he loves to take siestas in the afternoon after eaching lunch.  During dinner though, he always seems to have a lot of energy despite the fact that Adela takes him to the park to play for over two hours twice per day.  He has a rubber ball that he will hold in his mouth and then throw so that it ricochets around the kitchen, bouncing off all of the cabinets and sometimes landing on the table, haha.  He never fails to make me laugh :]  

In my room, Adela always leaves my laundry perfectly folded.  So cute!  Again, can you tell how much she's spoiling me?

After finishing up my homework, I meet up with some of the other girls and we walk around the city, exploring new areas.  Last time, we stumbled upon Mercado Colon, shown above.

Mercado Colon is full of tapas restaurants, bars, and cafes, and on Sundays there are free concerts there.  I will definitely be returning there soon!

Once we're tired of exploring, we go to a tapas bar/cafe and spend the rest of the night sampling delicious tapas, drinking cafe con leche, and speaking English.  After a full day of Spanish everything, being able to talk English is such a relief!  Bianca and Shauna are two of the girls that I spend most of my free time with.

Shauna and I at a tapas bar

After hanging out, I return home for la cena (dinner), which is always around 9:30/10:00pm.  At first it was hard getting used to eating so late at night, but now I'm starting to like it.  There's more than enough time to explore Valencia when you don't have to be home until after 9:00!   

No comments:

Post a Comment